Workers’ Comp 101
We are pleased to announce DETSIF’s second free members webinar.
Workers’ Comp 101: June 29, 2021/1:30 p.m.
A panel of workers’ compensation experts led by Tim White, DETSIF’s Legal Counsel, will provide our members with an overview of what you must do as the employer when one of your employees is injured.
The panelists include Camille Espey, Founder, White Espey PLLC, and Christine Dextraze, Director Client Service TRISTAR Risk Management.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- How to report an injury
- How to properly complete and submit the DWC-1, Workers’ Compensation Claims Form
- How to correctly determine the average weekly wage of an employee and completing the DWC-3, Employer’s Wage Statement
- Determining the injured employee’s pecuniary and non-pecuniary wages
- How to determine post-injury earnings and completing the DWC-6, Employer’s Supplemental Report of Injury
- Issues with new injuries/continuation of old injury
A Question & Answer period will be provided at the end of the webinar.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.