Workers’ Comp Factoids
In Texas, to be a governmental employee, you must be paid hourly, daily, weekly, monthly or yearly.
An employer must report any changes in an injured worker’s pay or employment status with a the Supplemental Report of Injury (DWC-6), to the insurance carrier and the injured worker within:
- ten (10) days from the end of a pay period in which an injured worker’s pay changes; and
- ten (10) days from the date an injured worker resigns or is terminated; and
- three (3) days from the date an injured worker returns to work; and
- three (3) days from the date an injury causes an employee to miss additional work after returning to work.
Under Texas Comp. there are four types of income benefits:
- temporary income benefits (TIBs);
- impairment income benefits (IIBs)
- supplemental income benefits (SIBs); and
- lifetime income benefits (LIBs).